The Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees connects new populations to community services and events. The Boilermaker Road Race is one of the most recognized local events. Each year, utilizing community volunteers, a Refugee Running team is organized to participate in the Boilermaker Events (15K, 5K, Walk). Refugees are encouraged to join the team for a challenge and for a sense of accomplishment. Through running the race refugees see the vibrant and welcoming nature of the Utica community.
- If you are interested in becoming a presenting sponsor for the Running Team contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill send us a message by filling out the sponsorship contact form.
Sponsorship is needed for runner registration, running shoes, and athletic gear.
Individuals or Corporations can be supporters. Consider the following donations:
- $1,000 - Buys running shoes for TEN refugees or fund the registration of 20 Refugees.
- $500 - Fully funds TWO refugees participation in the running team including cost of registration, purchasing running shoes, purchasing a t-shirt made from wicking fabric and any additional athletic gear such as shorts and socks.
- $250 - Fully funds ONE refugees participation in the running team including cost of registration, running shoes, t-shirt and any athletic gear such as shorts and socks.
- $100 - Buys a pair of running shoes for a refugee.
- $50 - Pays a refugees registration fee for the 15K.
- $35 - Pays a refugees registration fee for the 5k.
- $25 - Buys a refugee runner a t-shirt.
- $25 - Pays for one refugees participation in the Utica Roadrunners Training program.
- $15 - Pays a refugees registration fee for the 3 Mile Walk .
MVRCR is registered as a 501(c)(3) with the IRS and all donations are tax deductible.
A special thank you to Tiffany Pool Lott, a life- long runner and team lead for the refugee running team. You and other dedicated volunteers make this experience possible.