Our cultural competency trainings are not your average diversity training. We provide a fun, interactive, participant experience.
To know where you're going, you have to know where you've been. Our activities encourage participants to think about their own cultural filters first in order to again awareness of others. We recognize that cultural competency can be a misnomer; cultures grow and change. Individuals can engage in cultural humility and be culturally proficient, but never truly competent in a culture that is not their own.
Trainings can be schedule for 1 hour or more. However, we recommend a minimum of 3 hours.
Our trainers are skilled and experienced. They have presented for the following:
- North American Refugee Health Conference (Rochester & Toronto)
- New York State Schools Board Association Convention
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- The Mohawk Valley Society for Human Resource Management
- Center for Family Life and Recovery
- Mohawk Valley Perinatal Network
- Turning Stone Casino and Resort
- Utica City School District
- Teachers Training Center (Utica, Syracuse)
- The House of the Good Shepherd
- Oneida County Health Department
Presentations and Trainings have been provided for many other agencies throughout New York State and beyond. Trainings are tailored to fit the needs of the organization. Pricing varies depending on specific requests.
For more information about our training and consulting services email Shana Pughe Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315.738.1083 ext. 113 and speak with Ashley Bustos.
Are you a school district or educational center for K-12 students? We provide presentations to students about refugees and immigrants and the work that we do. Click here to view a sample presentation.
If you are a community group that would like a guest from the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees to speak about current refugee populations and the services we offer please contact (315) 738 1083 or e-mail email@example.com