Our Consulting service can enable you and your organization to join us in building community with many cultures.
The Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees has developed strong expertise in adapting,
- Public service information,
- Employer policies,
- Informational presentations,
- and other materials,
for limited English proficient (LEP) individuals, specifically refugee populations that require specialized linguistic and cultural support.
- The Refugee Center has partnered with the local Health Department and Lutheran Disaster Relief to modify Emergency Preparedness information.
- The Refugee Center currently has a robust Traffic Safety Program funded by the New York State Governors Traffic Safety Council, which includes modification of existing curriculum and material into appropriate languages and literacy levels.
- In the past the Refugee Center also worked very closely with a local nursing home, Lutheran Care, to modify training curriculum for the Certified Nursing Assistant program that would allow LEPs to absorb the information at a slower pace using more pictures and culturally appropriate examples and references.
In September of 2013 the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees was invited as a presenter at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital, and Inequality. The organization was asked to speak on a panel discussion entitled, Nontraditional Tools in the Neighborhood Stabilization Toolbox, specifically addressing the economic impact of refugees. A key takeaway from MVRCRs presentation was that without the support of the local community the Refugee Center would not be able to do the work that we do. We emphasized our adeptness at building partnerships and stressed the importance of encouraging their creation and maintenance. Click here to download the presentation.
Are you interested in building community with many cultures? Invite us to your community or organization. We know what works and will partner with your community or agency to learn what you can do to be more welcoming and provide the right cultural and linguistic support.
Our consulting services are offered through the Compass Interpreters division of the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees. The Compass Interpreters division is fee for service. All funds over operational costs are used to support programs and services for Refugee and Immigrants.
For more information e-mail email@example.com or call (315) 292-8971.