Join our growing team of dedicated volunteers helping to welcome our community newcomers!
*Please note: Due to an unprecedented volume in volunteer applicants, our processing times are taking a bit longer than expected. Don't be discouraged, please still submit your application and we will be in touch as soon as possible!
Current Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Enhanced Cultural Orientation and Mentorship Volunteers
- General Support Volunteer
- Health Access Mentors
- Housing Setup Assistance (Weekdays)
- Permit Prep and Driving Simulator Volunteer
- Refugee Health Assessment Transportation Volunteer
Volunteers are also needed at various community events throughout the year! Events include:
- Redeemer Cup: June 2nd-4th @ Proctor Park. Help us with tabling and joining our cheering squad for the MVRCR Team!
- World Refugee Day: June 17th @ Hanna Park. Join us for the celebration-opportunities include setup/clean up, tabling and running activities among many others!
- International Mile @ the Boilermaker:July 9th. Join us to cheer on Boilermaker Runners and the MVRCR One World International Running Team at the International Mile!
- UNSPOKEN: October 11-12th, 2018 Visit www.iamunspoken.org to learn more about the event.
To become a volunteer at MVRCR, please submit a Volunteer Application. You can download the PDF here.
For Volunteers under the age of 18, please also download and submit the following form with your application (Form).
For more information, or to set up an appointment, please contact MVRCR by calling (315) 738-1083.
*Any incomplete applications will not be considered
Please send all completed applications to:
Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees
201 Bleecker St.
Utica NY, 13501
Contact About Volunteering